Member Services Assistants,
The Whitney is seeking part-time Member Services Assistants (MSA) to assist with daily operations at the Member Services Desk, Membership Information Office, Museum lobby, and outdoor mobile posts.
The MSA team creates a welcoming environment for all members visiting the museum, and acts as the first point of phone and email contact for current members and prospects. Each MSA pitches acquisitions and renewals in lobby or by phone, fields inbound calls and emails, canvasses admission lines to promote membership, processes admission tickets in the Museum’s lobby, and works efficiently to address and resolve routine customer service requests.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to: meeting revenue goals by acquiring new members, renewing and upgrading existing members, and soliciting annual fund donations; providing information about Membership and the Museum; adhering to all cash handling, ticketing, and database protocols; assisting during evening membership events; and general administrative tasks as needed.
Successful candidates will bring customer service enthusiasm, excellent communication and listening skills, an interest in visual art and non-profit fundraising, and attention to detail to this key public facing role.
- Public facing customer service experience
- Strong cash handling skills
- Outgoing and professional demeanor on phone, by email, and in person
- Previous POS and/or constituent database experience
- Interest in visual arts and fundraising
- Additionally, the applicant should be comfortable standing for extended periods of time, outdoor line canvassing in all weather conditions, and moving stanchions
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter in one pdf to email@example.com. In cover letter, include schedule availability and in 100 words or less, tell us how you would sell a Whitney Museum membership. Indicate “Last Name_MSA2018” in subject line of email and attached pdf.